- VEX GO was named the Winner in the robotics (for learning, education) solution Cool Tool Award category by The EdTech Awards
- VEXcode VR, VEX 123 and VEX Robotics Continuum were named finalists in various Cool Tool Award categories
- VEX Robotics Retail: Build Blitz was named a finalist for the Trendsetter Award
- Innovation First Co-Founders Tony Norman and Bob Mimlitch III were named finalists for The Leadership Award
- EdTech Awards is a US-based program that recognizes the biggest names in EdTech
April 8, 2021 – Greenville, TX: VEX Robotics is honored to be recognized as an EdTech Cool Tool Award winner in the robotics (for learning, education) solution category for VEX GO. In addition to the prestigious award, the brand was named a nine-time finalist across multiple Cool Tool, Trendsetter and Leadership Award categories.
The EdTech Cool Award shines a spotlight on the tools and solutions that transform education through technology and enrich the lives of learners everywhere.
VEX GO was recognized for its creativity, approachability and affordability that allows for students to learn the fundamentals of STEM, including coding and engineering, through fun, hands-on activities.
VEX GO Features:
- VEX GO is a STEM construction system for 3rd – 6th grade students
- VEX GO kits contain all parts, motors and electronics needed to bring STEM to life
- VEX GO makes block based coding easy for young coders with VEXcode. Available for iPads, Android Tablets, Chromebooks, and Mac & Windows Chrome-Based Browsers
- Designed by educators, for educators, VEX GO includes comprehensive STEM labs to guide educators through their new STEM tool and deliver complete lesson and clean up in 40 minutes
For more information on VEX Robotics and VEX GO, please visit: https://www.vexrobotics.com/go
The EdTech Awards celebrates its 11th year, the US-based program is the largest recognition program in all of education technology, recognizing the biggest names in edtech – and those who soon will be. This year’s finalists and winners were narrowed from the larger field and judged based on various criteria, including: pedagogical workability, efficacy and results, support, clarity, and value and potential.
In addition being named a Cool Tool Award winner, VEX Robotics was a finalist in nine categories, including:
EdTech Cool Tool Awards
Coding, computer science, engineering solution – VEXcode VR
Curriculum and instruction solution – VEXcode VR
Games for learning/simulation solution – VEXcode VR
Hardware for education solution – VEX 123 from VEX Robotics
Robotics (for learning, education) solution – VEX Robotics: Continuum
STEM (science, tech, engineering, math) solution – VEX Robotics: Continuum
EdTech Trendsetter Awards
Product or service setting a trend – VEX Robotics Retail: Build Blitz
The Leadership Awards
Founder(s) / CEO – Tony Norman & Bob Mimlitch III, Innovation First International